The tarmac at Cologne/Bonn airport. Photo: DPA.
After a hole about 30 centimetres large was discovered in one of the runways at the Cologne/Bonn Airport on Tuesday, there were numerous flight delays and diversions.
A pilot had noticed the hole at about 10am on Tuesday morning. Planes could not land at the airport until around 1.00pm due to immediate repair work on the pothole.
“We regret the inconvenience to customers and passengers and ask for your understanding," the airport said in a statement.
Two aircraft meant to arrive at the airport were cancelled, ten incoming flights had to be diverted to the airports in Düsseldorf and Dortmund, and only a few departures were possible, according to the airport.
Another one of the airport’s runways is currently under construction, meaning that only one main take-off and landing runway is currently in use.
- Newgen Software IPO progresses slowly, subscribed 5%
- Sisters steal baby boy to stop father from remarrying
- Quality Health is trending at 10 in India
- iVOOMi i1 Sale is trending at 9 in India
- #PravinTogadia is trending at 8 in India
- Colin de Grandhomme is trending at 7 in India
- ICC Code of Conduct is trending at 6 in India
- #BreatheTrailer is trending at 5 in India
- #tphoneP is trending at 4 in India
- #PatanjaliOnline is trending at 3 in India
- #HappyBirthdaySidharthMalhotra is trending at 2 in India
- Barmer is trending at 1 in India
- Extremely rare 'firework' jelly fish spotted near Mexico
- Beautiful snow sculptures from around the world
- World's fifth largest diamond discovered in Lesotho
- Museums of unusual things around the world
- Chinese 'rainbow dinosaur' had iridescent feathers
- These are the most talented dogs on the internet
- Enjoying the high life, up on the roof in Tel Aviv
- Le smartphone? France has another term in mind