Authors: Subcontinent Times
Updated: Jan 13, 2018 06:50 IST
Washington DC [USA], Jan 13 (ANI): For the first time, women in Saudi Arabia entered a sports stadium to watch a soccer match between two local teams in Jeddah.
However, the women were segregated in the stands from the male-only crowd with designated seating in the so-called "family section" at King Abdullah Sports City stadium, ABC News reported.
This easing of the strict gender segregation was announced in October 2017, as a part of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's ambitious reforms to modernise Saudi society and boost the economy.
The order opened the previously male-only venues of King Fahd Stadium in Riyadh, King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, and Prince Mohammed Bin Fahd Stadium in Dammam to accommodate families.
The Saudi General Sports Authority said that it had made all the necessary preparations to create an attractive sports environment for families and to ensure their privacy.
Saudi Arabia, which was the only country in the world to forbid female drivers, last year also allowed women to drive in the country. (ANI)
- 本屋大賞 is trending at 10 in Japan
- 若者たち is trending at 9 in Japan
- イビチャ・オシム is trending at 8 in Japan
- キルミーベイベー is trending at 7 in Japan
- ベイカー街の亡霊 is trending at 6 in Japan
- RAGE is trending at 5 in Japan
- 青空エール is trending at 4 in Japan
- アラミス is trending at 3 in Japan
- 他人の赤ちゃんの首 is trending at 2 in Japan
- #あなたの18大スぺック is trending at 1 in Japan
- Goffin is trending at 10 in world
- 점술가가 is trending at 9 in world
- 혼노지 is trending at 8 in world
- Peter Wyngarde is trending at 7 in world
- Monfils is trending at 6 in world
- #ICCAwards is trending at 5 in world
- #windy is trending at 4 in world
- #اختار_مدينه_لشهر_العسل is trending at 3 in world
- #storm is trending at 2 in world
- चुनाव आयोग is trending at 10 in India