Authors: Subcontinent Times
Updated: Jan 13, 2018 00:43 IST
Washington DC [USA], Jan 13 (ANI): In a major jolt to the White House, the U.S. ambassador to Panama stepped down from his post, saying he no longer felt able to serve United State President Donald Trump.
John Feeley announced his resignation in a letter to the State Department.
"As a junior foreign service officer, I signed an oath to serve faithfully the president and his administration in an apolitical fashion, even when I might not agree with certain policies. My instructors made clear that if I believed I could not do that, I would be honour bound to resign. That time has come", according to an excerpt of the letter obtained by Reuters.
However, the State Department, in a statement, said that Feeley retired for "personal reasons, as of 9 March this year".
A Panama Paper reported about Feeley's resignation before the Trump's racist remark on the immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador, and African countries.
Feeley was appointed to the diplomatic post by former US President Barack Obama in July 2015. (ANI)
- イビチャ・オシム is trending at 8 in Japan
- 青空エール is trending at 4 in Japan
- アラミス is trending at 3 in Japan
- 他人の赤ちゃんの首 is trending at 2 in Japan
- #あなたの18大スぺック is trending at 1 in Japan
- Goffin is trending at 10 in world
- 점술가가 is trending at 9 in world
- 혼노지 is trending at 8 in world
- Peter Wyngarde is trending at 7 in world
- Monfils is trending at 6 in world
- #ICCAwards is trending at 5 in world
- #windy is trending at 4 in world
- #اختار_مدينه_لشهر_العسل is trending at 3 in world
- #storm is trending at 2 in world
- चुनाव आयोग is trending at 10 in India
- Monfils is trending at 9 in India
- Sydney Sixers is trending at 8 in India
- Syed Salahuddin is trending at 6 in India
- #AllNewSwift is trending at 4 in India
- #MagicWithTecnoCamoni is trending at 3 in India